Visit the SilverTron Store today for the world's best colloidal silver machines.

Author Topic: Have I made a bad batch of 320ppm?  (Read 155 times)

Offline TheresaBee

• Participant
Have I made a bad batch of 320ppm?
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:04:33 AM »
This is the second time I have messed up. I make a litre of capped 320ppm and get busy doing other things thus forgetting to wipe the cathode and fire the anode to remove the oxides during the process.  It tastes so vile and bitter, with a small amount of black sediment in the bottom of the beaker. I presume this is the silver oxide.  I know where I went wrong, and am now getting it right, but my question is, do I just need to throw away that bad tasting litre? Or is there still a use for it, even if I don't take it internally?

Offline alex79

• Participant
Re: Have I made a bad batch of 320ppm?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 11:50:33 AM »
why not make 250 ml batches.short time, only 2 stops for cleaning and if you mess up something you'll not lose a lot of work.the bad batch you can use it diluted for disinfecting things.
“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 01:28:24 PM »
This is the second time I have messed up. I make a litre of capped 320ppm and get busy doing other things thus forgetting to wipe the cathode and fire the anode to remove the oxides during the process.  It tastes so vile and bitter, with a small amount of black sediment in the bottom of the beaker. I presume this is the silver oxide.  I know where I went wrong, and am now getting it right, but my question is, do I just need to throw away that bad tasting litre? Or is there still a use for it, even if I don't take it internally?

If you’re just worried about wasting the batch you don’t like the taste of then just use it externally.
Is the colour as expected ?

Does it look ok when you dilute it 15ml into 234ml Of water?
If yes then you still have 320mg of silver in the jar!! So don’t bin it !

The amazing thing is you know what you did wrong and you’re making it well now !
That’s soooooooooo way more amazing a couple of duff batches !

Don’t get disheartened there are loads of people who will steer you in the right direction

Offline cfnisbet

• Assistant Admin
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 07:01:48 AM »
Don't throw it away.

I suspect that the bitter taste is silver oxide in suspension.

Leave it for a week to settle out, then filter using cotton cloth. The cloth can be used as a silver bandage.

Offline TheresaBee

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »
Thank you everyone.  Dean. The colour is a bit off. It looks more 'brown' diluted in the water, but I will try the filtering method suggested by CFNisbet, and see what I get. In reply to Alex79, I hadn't thought about doing smaller batches, I was just keen to get a good amount stockpiled up, in quick smart time as I seem to have rather a lot of friends & family who are waiting on me. I will do a 250ml lot next time. I did wonder about using it externally, but thought that it might not be as effective with it being gel capped. 

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
The colour of 320 ppm diluted to 20 ppm will be darker (orange) than a batch that was made at 20 ppm. This is due to the gelatin coating on the particles which makes the overall particle larger (even though the silver component is actually smaller) and changes the plasmon resonance from yellow to orange. The gel cap does not seem to reduce it's effectiveness when used externally so go for it.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

pussy