Visit the SilverTron Store today for the world's best colloidal silver machines.

Author Topic: starting process from 1.5mA  (Read 285 times)

Offline alex79

• Participant
starting process from 1.5mA
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:14:05 AM »
I always start with 3.5 mA after putting the electrolyte but this time I put only 1 drop of electrolyte in 750 ml distilled water and started to calculate time and current from 1.5 mA.after 80-90 min current reached 3.85 mA and from excel calculator(with every 10 min checked) I had to have 20ppm ionic silver.started to heat the solution to near 50 Celsius and added 4 drops of reducing agent KARO(diluted).this time the solution doesn't have amber color, just a very light yellow.also, the taste is strange a little metallic.also when checked with TDS(NOT checking colloids!!! but particles), solution has only 12 PPM.i know something it's not ok but what?
“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • The SilverTron Store Colloidal Silver Generators
Re: starting process from 1.5mA
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:17:18 PM »
Its a mistake to try to regulate current by adjusting the amount of electrolyte.  You should always use 1 ml of 1 molar sodium carbonate solution per liter of water, no matter whether you are trying to make 10ppm or 500 ppm.  Always use the right amount of electrolyte.

When you have enough sodium carbonate, the reducing agent will be activated and give a full reduction.  It will also prevent silver loss from plating out onto the cathode.

You really need a current regulator, and then to adjust your cell voltage to at least 10 volts for a 1.5 inch electrode spacing.

So your batch failed because of insufficient electrolyte to activate the Karo and to prevent silver loss due to plateout.
Colloidal Silver is only a bargain if you make it yourself.

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »
thanks for your reply.i use a regulator that I bought from China +an adapter from a hp printer.the problem I have is that always it gives me constant voltage(32v-no matter of conductivity in the solution) but when conductivity is raising also my current is raising(voltage doesn't drop).when current raises up I must raise a bit the electrodes so that my current stay constant.I didn't know that electrolyte will react with the reducing agent, I  thought electrolyte is just for reaching the desired current. :o .i understand know that I must use 1ml /L  electrolyte .so happy and grateful for finding this site.

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:04:07 PM »
I'll play with the regulator, maybe I'm missing something.

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:45 AM »
I manage to make 500ml colloidal silver with 0.5 ml electrolyte, 4.6mA .heating and reducing with Karo.i've change voltage from 27 V TO 14V and the electrodes weren't too deep in the solution.the distance between them was 6cm, tried 4cm but current was above 6mA.end up with a nice amber color and zero taste. ;)
I wanted to buy the PSU you recommend before I bought mine but it doesn't have 3 zeros .not sure if I can see milliamp on the display

Offline alavel

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »
just one question how save is the electrolyte when soda ash has sodium

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • The SilverTron Store Colloidal Silver Generators
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
1 ml of sodium carbonate electrolyte as described in this forum contains 24 mg of sodium.
1 can of Campbells chicken noodle soup contains 410 mg of sodium.

Colloidal Silver is only a bargain if you make it yourself.

Offline nano-silver

• Participant
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 07:46:08 PM »
alex79
I have is that always it gives me constant voltage(32v-no matter of conductivity in the solution)

I am a bit confused on how you have used your nice CV-CCS [constant voltage-constant current box] I think it is beauty that box but of course vastly overdone for the job. This should not matter at all except for one thing, perhaps it can not regulate current real low. 

Would you mind do a little test for me on the unit to check its constant current setting ability.  I am not sure what voltage you feed it with but you mention 14V and that will do.

Program the unit to 5 mA, then connect a 100 ohm resistor to the unit and measure voltage across the resistor. What do you get?

5mA x 100 ohm = 500mV ?

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:21 AM »
the regulator it's working well  ,the problem was that I didn't use the right amount of electrolyte from the start and because of that, the voltage didn't drop like it should.also when I build the regulator box and connected the power supply to the regulator, there was also a diode provided with the regulator (diode one way current for protection) and I soldered it incorrectly. ::) .what can I say is that kephra is always right  :D . I'm so sorry I didn't find this forum earlier.all of my knowledge about making colloidal silver it was from youtube.

Offline nano-silver

• Participant
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 06:26:32 AM »
alex79
Happy brewing - it is unusual to find a site like this.  I am very impressed.

pussy