Author Topic: Can't remember about storage  (Read 1220 times)

wyleasmom

Can't remember about storage
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
Hi guys,
My ionic silver, that I use for external stuff,  after sitting awhile in my bathroom turned the same color as my colloidal silver. Should I use a dark bottle for storage.....for either my ionic or colloidal?
Thanks!
Lori

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Can't remember about storage
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
Ionic silver is light sensitive, colloidal silver is not.  So it would be better to store you ionic silver in a brown glass bottle.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

samiam

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 06:36:05 PM »
Hi guys,
My ionic silver, that I use for external stuff,  after sitting awhile in my bathroom turned the same color as my colloidal silver. Should I use a dark bottle for storage.....for either my ionic or colloidal?
Thanks!
Lori

It can be stored in any kind of glass bottle as long as you keep it in colloidal form.
Even if you keep the ionic in the brown bottle, it will still become partially colloidal(yellow) if not silver oxide(grey.)
My last batch of silver I made 2 1/2 years ago still holds perfectly in a clear bottle in my kitchen cabinet.
When i need ionic, I just add a drop of food grade hydrogen peroxide(approx. 3% dilluted).
You can visually see the yellow colloidal silver turning into clear ionic in seconds.

wyleasmom

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
Thanks for the quick answers kephra and samiam!

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »
I have found that a warm dark kitchen cupboard is ideal storage for Colloidal Silver or Ionic Silver Oxide. Don't put Colloidal Silver in the fridge or anywhere that it may freeze, such as a basement.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »
Thats good advice.  The solubility of ionic silver decreases with lowering temperatures, so ionic should be kept at room temp (20C/68F) or above.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.