Production Techniques and Chemistry > SilverTron Notes And Support Questions

Troubleshooting

<< < (2/11) > >>

MomRosie:
A&H washing soda. I'm going to buy some baking soda and bake it off. Maybe that will help. When you say slow, how long before something will register ma? I didn't wait too long before I took off the lid and added a few drops of electrolyte. 

kephra:
It will start very slow with very low current, but will build up with time.  Think hours instead of minutes.

Bobby:
MomRosie,

Just a couple suggestions from someone who has made lots of little frustrating mistakes myself. 

1)  Don't rinse with alcohol, just water and DW.  Alcohol is a reducer also!

2)  Don't use any metal to clean your anode and cathode.  Cotaimanates the silver on the rods!

3)  Don't use any electrolyte at all to make your ionic silver.  It will take hours!

4)  Don't use any filter material that has been bleached.  The unbleached coffee filters works fine.

I believe I'm correct on these points, but if not be sure to let me know.  Good Luck!

Bobby

MomRosie:
 Just a couple suggestions from someone who has made lots of little frustrating mistakes myself. 

2)  Don't use any metal to clean your anode and cathode.  Contaminates the silver on the rods!

3)  Don't use any electrolyte at all to make your ionic silver.  It will take hours!

4)  Don't use any filter material that has been bleached.  The unbleached coffee filters works fine.

I believe I'm correct on these points, but if not be sure to let me know.  Good Luck!

Bobby

Thank you so much for your reply Bobby!

1. I used the diluted rubbing alcohol and DW to remove any remaining detergent from the dishwasher and then I rinsed only in DW 3times. Would using a little hydrogen peroxide be better and then rinsing?

2. I've only used a green scrubby. What should I use to then, to clean my silver?

3. I have some time today. I'm going to try!!!

4. The filters were unbleached natural brown filters. I may buy other ones. Can I use a fine mesh steel strainer? Would silicone be better?

I'm learning!!! Thanks for the patience shown to me, I really appreciate the time taken. I'm hoping to become a "Master" colloidal silver maker in time!!!

Have a great day!

Rosi

kephra:

--- Quote from: MomRosie on April 06, 2018, 04:34:52 PM --- Just a couple suggestions from someone who has made lots of little frustrating mistakes myself. 

--- End quote ---
Yep.

--- Quote ---  2)  Don't use any metal to clean your anode and cathode.  Contaminates the silver on the rods!

--- End quote ---
Very good advice.

--- Quote ---  3)  Don't use any electrolyte at all to make your ionic silver.  It will take hours!

--- End quote ---
Yep, very slow.  Current will start at zero and slowly climb.  You can speed it up after you make the first batch by using 10% of that batch in the next batch as your electrolyte. 

--- Quote ---  4)  Don't use any filter material that has been bleached.  The unbleached coffee filters works fine.

--- End quote ---
I use a K-cup filter which is fine mesh stainless steel.... never had a problem with that.  No one knows whats really in coffee filters, bleached or unbleached.

--- Quote ---  I believe I'm correct on these points, but if not be sure to let me know.  Good Luck!

Bobby

Thank you so much for your reply Bobby!

1. I used the diluted rubbing alcohol and DW to remove any remaining detergent from the dishwasher and then I rinsed only in DW 3times. Would using a little hydrogen peroxide be better and then rinsing?

--- End quote ---
Only use peroxide if your glassware is stained, or mirrored.

--- Quote ---2. I've only used a green scrubby. What should I use to then, to clean my silver?

--- End quote ---
Green plastic scrubbees are fine.  You can also clean them by putting them in a blue flame until the black coating turns white.  This re-refines the silver oxide back into pure silver.

--- Quote ---3. I have some time today. I'm going to try!!!

--- End quote ---
Go for it.  You have the only generator that can repeatably make ionic silver without electrolytes.  It will be a little less ppm though because you will get plateout.  It will be repeatable because the SilverTron Elite does not rely on constant current to determine the shutoff point.

--- Quote ---4. The filters were unbleached natural brown filters. I may buy other ones. Can I use a fine mesh steel strainer? Would silicone be better?

--- End quote ---
See above about reusable K-cup metal mesh filters.

--- Quote ---I'm learning!!! Thanks for the patience shown to me, I really appreciate the time taken. I'm hoping to become a "Master" colloidal silver maker in time!!!

Have a great day!

Rosi

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version