SilverTron Support and Scientific Info > SilverTron Notes And Support Questions

Critique looks?

(1/2) > >>

wyleasmom:
Just got my elite, I went by the instructions (I thought) and did my first batch. I did see a slight smoke stream (but I missed that that was a bad thing until I was reading tonight) but the batch seems like it looks really good? I tasted it, no taste, it was like water. I didn't adjust the MA though, just whatever it was on when the generator came on, I was moving the rod up and down to get to 10V. It was a Qt mason jar, put in 20 drops of the electrolyte and 5 drops of the reducing agent. How do I know if its a good batch?

cfnisbet:
If that was a batch of mine, I would use it with confidence. Seems perfect.

One comment about the "smoke". I see this most of the time, but it fades into the water within an inch or so. If it does not make the bulk fluid cloudy, then it is just the cell working as designed. I only see this when producing colloidal silver with heat, as I use the convection currents as a stirrer. When I use an actual magnetic stirrer, the colloidal silver nanoparticles are swept away into the water so you can't see them. It is the end result (clarity) that matters.

kephra:
Yes, that is perfect. 
When you have the brown smoke coming off the positive electrode, and not using a stirrer, you should make sure that silver is not plating onto the bottom of your jar.  If it is, you can dissolve it with hydrogen peroxide before you start another batch.  This works unless the bottom of the jar looks like a mirror, which would require physical scrubbing to remove.

wyleasmom:
Made my second batch, turned out the same, seemingly perfect. I can't thank you enough Kephra for putting this generator together and for having this forum. If anyone asks me, I'm sending them your way! Its comforting for a non-scientific person such as myself to have experts ready to handle any question that might come up.

Is there a 'topic' where people have just stated their experiences with it and the doses they've taken? That would be a good referential read too  ;D

WayneInPHX:
How many mA were you running during your "smoke" creation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version