Author Topic: SilverTron Elite - first impressions/usage  (Read 4993 times)

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: SilverTron Elite - first impressions/usage
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 06:37:09 AM »
  Don't forget to skip the extra heat on at least one of those batches also. I think the difference will be obvious. 15 drops per Liter may not be enough to get you the lighter color but if you keep increasing in 5 drop increments you will surely see what I mean by the time you get to 25 drops per Liter.

BUT, don't take it too far.  If you do you may run into stability issues.  ( colloidal silver would start out looking beautiful but it would change color after 1 or 2 weeks on the shelf.)
So you don't want to go past about 25 drops per Liter if your EL is truly 1 Molar.

Another thing you may not have noticed is @ 10 drops per Liter you were getting a lot of silver dust on the cathode. At 15 drops not as much & by the time you are over 20 drops there is almost NONE. However @ 20 drops & higher your anode will be blacker by end of run which is no big deal. Just fire it off & you're good to go.
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

Lewis

Re: SilverTron Elite - first impressions/usage
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 07:05:11 AM »
Hi RickinWI,

The 15 drop run came out totally clear and yellow altho I am not sure if it was much lighter as I already consumed the yesterday's 10 drop batch so it wasn't on hand to compare. I will try the next run at 25 drops and see how that goes as well as just lightly heat the DW it as we are in Winter time here and room temperature is probably a little less than 25C.