Author Topic: SilverTron Mini  (Read 4040 times)

Tmac__

SilverTron Mini
« on: April 16, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »
thanks for the fast shipping it arrived within 4 days of order.

I have a question I hope you can help me with. In the video and instructions it says it will glow amber when plugged in..it stays Red even with nothing attached. When I do attach the wires to see if it will change color it still will only stay red. I'm kinda stuck not knowing what to do from here

I have added less E, more E, thrown out the E completely and made a new batch 50/50, new jar new water..suggestions?
never seen am amber light or a green light.
What am I doing wrong?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: SilverTron Mini
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »
Amber and red are hard to tell apart until you have seen them.  Plug the unit in, connect the leads, then momentarily touch the leads (clips) together and you will see the difference between amber and red.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »
Once you have done that, then follow the directions regarding making the sodium carbonate solution.  Put the positive electrode (red wire) about 1.5 inches in the water, then slide the negative electrode up and down to find the green sweet spot.  Once you see the difference between amber and red, I think it will be easy.  I made 2 quarts of colloidal silver with your unit before shipping it, so I know it works perfectly.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Tmac__

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »
touching them together seemed to do the trick...I have some very pretty colloidal silver here now...

thank you.. ;) it brewed a little longer than the chart because the Dog wouldnt come back in..that should not matter?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
Hey, that looks really good.  PPM is proportional to brew time, so if you went a little over, it will just be a little stronger.  I would try to stay with the timing chart I sent with the unit.  I calibrate each one individually so they are as close as possible.

Congrats!

Tmac__

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 06:17:41 PM »
Thanks, I do understand but the damn Dog decided he didnt want to come when called so I had to go get him...it was only 2 or 3 minutes tops...the next one is on now timed correctly..dog can wait

Tmac__

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:46:11 PM »
well the time it took to fully understand what I was doing has paid off..made a couple more 6 and 8oz and then a quart and all look about the same color...
Thanks again for the education  8), much of what I thought I knew I had to forget when I started here and rethink everything from scratch..not easy to do.. ???

Tmac__

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:28:37 AM »
one more question for you..how would you make 120ppm

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 02:16:38 AM »
You need a hot plate, preferably with a magnetic stirrer.
Look up one of the formulas for high ppm colloidal silver.
Multiply your brew time by 120 ppm / 20 ppm.

Tmac__

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
Thank you

Tmac__

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »
I must say I am impressed. Every batch has been identical. No I've not measured them but if you follow directions you cannot see a difference in color between any of them..

I love the manual process

only one more question....Why would the light sometimes go from green to red in the middle of making it?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
only one more question....Why would the light sometimes go from green to red in the middle of making it?
The color of the light is determined by the conductivity between the electrodes.  If the conductivity is on the edge between green and red, and the liquid level changes, or the temperature changes, etc.  the conductivity can change.  This causes no harm, as the change may only be very slight, but if you want, you can readjust the cathode to regain green.  Its better to go red than amber though.  If amber, the current may not be regulated.