Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2887 times)

MadHatter

Questions
« on: August 26, 2017, 05:25:22 PM »
Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to this..i have a few questions, and at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot , well here I go.. I received my Sivertron Jr yesterday and the instructions state to fill container with distilled water, add electrolyte, mix well. Install electrode holder. Add reducing agent. Mix well.  1 st question: do I put both solutions in before I start the generator or do I put the reducer in after the  suggested run time and before heating.. And does it matter?
2nd question: I'm using the bullion bar, cold process, no stirring. Do I use high or low setting?
3rd question: I'm not fond of using the microwave. Can I pour my Colloidal Silver in a coffee pot and heat it using the heating element?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:54:28 PM »
Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to this..i have a few questions, and at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot , well here I go.. I received my Sivertron Jr yesterday and the instructions state to fill container with distilled water, add electrolyte, mix well. Install electrode holder. Add reducing agent. Mix well.  1 st question: do I put both solutions in before I start the generator or do I put the reducer in after the  suggested run time and before heating.. And does it matter?
When making 20 ppm Colloidal Silver, it doesn't matter whether you add the reducing agent before or after electrolysis.  When making higher ppm, put the reducing agent at the start.  Electrolyte is always added before electrolysis.
2nd question: I'm using the bullion bar, cold process, no stirring. Do I use high or low setting?
You can use the high setting, but you should try a batch with each to see if there is any substantial difference.
3rd question: I'm not fond of using the microwave. Can I pour my colloidal silver in a coffee pot and heat it using the heating element?
Sure.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

MadHatter

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 08:29:18 PM »
Great..thank you so much for answering all my questions and so quickly !! Just one more question ..how long should I heat the Colloidal Silver    in the coffee pot.. Until it turns yellow then turn off?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 09:23:20 PM »
Yes, the first time, i recommend to wait until it fully changes color. Then take it off.   
After that, you will know what to expect and you can take it off sooner.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

MadHatter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »
Thanks again!! :)👍

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 09:43:07 PM »
Kephra,

If you add the 50% Karo reducer, but do not heat your batch, will the ionic silver still reduce over a longer period of time? If so, will it fully reduce and how long will it take?

Art

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:14:19 PM »
It might take a full day to fully reduce.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »
Thank you, that is convenient to know for people who are opposed to microwave use. 8)

Art