Author Topic: Silvertron Jr.  (Read 2251 times)

ali

Silvertron Jr.
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »
Let me start by saying thank you!  I have been researching colloidal silver for months and this is the best resource around.
1. What are shipping costs?
2. I didn't see a manual or video for Jr. can I refer to one of the others? Elite or mini?
3.  I think I saw a note somewhere that you only need one bar?  That didn't make sense to me since most of the explanations talk about needing two. The Elite, I think, says 1 wire and one bar.
4. Can I use washing soda that I buy from the store?  I make my own laundry soap so I always have it.  I know the difference but wanted to make sure the store bought didn't contain some additive I am not aware of.
Thank you for your time.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Silvertron Jr.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:31:40 PM »
Let me start by saying thank you!  I have been researching colloidal silver for months and this is the best resource around.
1. What are shipping costs?
That depends on where you live.  Figure USPS Priority mail, 1.5 pounds plus insurance,  usually $15 to $18 depending on destination.
2. I didn't see a manual or video for Jr. can I refer to one of the others? Elite or mini?
You can read the Jr's guide here: http://www.cgcsforum.org/public/SilverTronJrQuickStart.pdf
The Jr. works like the Mini except the timing is different, and it has a mechanical milliammeter for setup.
3.  I think I saw a note somewhere that you only need one bar?  That didn't make sense to me since most of the explanations talk about needing two. The Elite, I think, says 1 wire and one bar.
You always need 2, but only one has to be silver.  All SilverTrons come with 2 silver electrodes.
4. Can I use washing soda that I buy from the store?  I make my own laundry soap so I always have it.  I know the difference but wanted to make sure the store bought didn't contain some additive I am not aware of.
I use Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda.  Others prefer to make their own by heating baking soda in the oven.
Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:40:01 PM by kephra »
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

ali

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »
Thank you for such a quick reply. 

Since I want to order the mini, a few more questions.

If I order the bar what is the second anode?  What are the advantages of the bar compared to wire?  I did see a post the bar isn't as easy to clean.  Just a general comparison I can look up details.  I want to order today if possible, and just want to be clear, for myself, on what to order.

I don't see the magnetic stirrer on the shopping page, recommendations? Could another hole be drilled for a bubbler?  Thoughts.

Thank you again!

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »
Thank you for such a quick reply. 

Since I want to order the mini, a few more questions.

If I order the bar what is the second anode?  What are the advantages of the bar compared to wire?  I did see a post the bar isn't as easy to clean.  Just a general comparison I can look up details.  I want to order today if possible, and just want to be clear, for myself, on what to order.
It comes with a 12 gauge silver wire electrode.  No one has ever said the bar is harder to clean that I know of.
I don't see the magnetic stirrer on the shopping page, recommendations? Could another hole be drilled for a bubbler?  Thoughts.
There is already a 1/4 inch hole which you can use for a bubbler.  A lot of people get heated stirrers from eBay.
Thank you again!
Right now, I have no Minis, and no Jrs in stock.  I will be making more next week.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 04:46:59 PM »
Ali,

I going to throw in my 2 cents her.  I own all 3 SilverTrons. I assume the Elite is out of your budget.  The Jr is very close to my favorite, but I have no clear cut reason. I guess I like watching built in meters. I would suggest reading the manuals that come wilt both of them over & over. Pretend like your going through the setup & run process. I just feel the extras you get from the Jr, including faster runs and that great manual, will greatly outweigh the increased price 

Anyway you go , you will have one of the 3 best colloidal silver generators made!  All 3 of mine are real nice pieces of equipment.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

ali

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »
Thanks!  Yes the Elite is nice but Jr is more in my budget.  I looked into making my own and others on the market, but the Jr is certainly the best value.  I appreciate your input. :)