Author Topic: SilverTron - microwave before electrolysis  (Read 2065 times)

tibetan

SilverTron - microwave before electrolysis
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:14:23 AM »
Is it okay to heat up the distilled water by microwave to make colloidal silver with the Silverton?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: microwave before electrolysis
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:24:35 AM »
Yes.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

TIML

Re: microwave before electrolysis
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 01:56:44 AM »
I heat my DW in microwave for 4 minutes first then add electrolyte and electrolysis for about twenty minutes then reduce with karo , on stove in pan of almost boiling water for about 10 -15 minutes. I don't know if the last step ( with heat) is necessary but I used this method prior to reading the recipe here in the articles. One of my early batches which turned out dark but pretty good I used maple syrup which I added with electrolyte before electrolysis. It was homemade syrup so it was reasonably pure. I reduced with heat, in pan of water as described above and it darkened as I watched. I haven't tried to make capped Colloidal Silver yet. Don't have stirring system set up yet but I think I was making higher than 20 ppm Colloidal Silver accidentally by added the sugar early. One of Kephras recipes outlined similar method.