Author Topic: Custom Lids  (Read 4277 times)

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
Custom Lids
« on: March 25, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »
I don't see custom lids on your store site anymore. Are you still making those?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Custom Lids
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »
I can if you want.  The max diameter I can make is 6 inches.  I would need exact dimensions.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
I'm thinking about getting a new SilverTron Elite (nothing wrong with the old one  ;)), but I'd like to have a backup and also like the battery backup on the new model.

How would I add a custom lid to the order?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 10:52:17 PM »
Send me the dimensions you want, and I will tell you if I can make it for you.  If so, I will add it as a special order item to the store.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 11:15:36 PM »
I didn't realize that you made custom lids. I needed one for my one liter beaker and had to make it by using two different hole saws to cut it out of the same type of material as the one that came with the SilverTron. I think it was meant to be a cutting board for food. I only had a battery hand drill and not a drill press, so it was a little difficult to hold. I then used the electrode holes from the SilverTron lid as a guide to mark the holes on the larger lid and drilled them out with a small drill bit that made a nice friction fit for the 12 gauge rods. I drilled two more holes at a right angle to the first holes , but I made one of the holes large enough to accomodate an 8 gauge rod. It fits really nice on the beaker, but I would have bought yours if I knew you made them. It's too much work without the right tools to do it with. It basically looks like a bigger version of the one that came with the SilverTron with an extra pair of electrode holes.

Art

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 11:36:35 PM »
Yeah, I make them on a milling machine with a rotary table.  I can also turn them on my lathe, but the mill is easier.  I use HDPE cutting board material, which machines pretty nicely.

Offline George

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 11:39:05 PM »
Why are the holes for the rods not 1.5 inch apart though? The lid I have has the holes at 1 inch.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 11:42:26 PM »
Really?  I always make them 1.5" apart for mason jars unless someone asks for something else.  If yours are 1" (1/2" from center), you might want to drill a new one.

Offline George

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 11:50:24 PM »
Yes! I just re-checked. I will drill another hole further apart.
Thanks

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 01:35:45 AM »
Lol, I know you can make the dimensions because you made one for me before :). I may not order immediately as we've had some other large expenses recently, so I need to spread things out. In any case, it would be a dual purpose lid for a 1000ml beaker (123mm) & 500ml beaker (96mm).

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 09:52:51 PM »
Kephra,

I need a couple of custom lids made also.  I will go to the SilverTron Store to order.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »
Bobby,

You can't order them directly from my webstore.  You need to tell me the dimensions first, and then I will create a store item for it.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
  I will get the information and posting here.  Thanks, Kephra

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 02:58:02 AM »
Kephra,

Would you please make a custom lid for me with two rings? The outer ring for a 122mm diameter 1,000ml beaker and an inner ring for a 96mm diameter 600ml beaker.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 03:22:25 AM »
Yes,

Make sure of your dimensions.   Measure with a caliper across the outside of the rim.  Avoid the pouring spout.
Then email me the confirmed dimensions.  I will make the lid and put it in the store as a special order.  I charge 19.95 for custom sizes.