Author Topic: Stagno's Cream.... with a twist  (Read 1810 times)

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
Stagno's Cream.... with a twist
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:50:14 AM »
Followed the instructions Stagno provided with a few twists:  MY selection of oil was ONE.  Argan Oil. It comes from Morocco.  It absorbs quite quickly into ones skin.  THEY use it over there like salad dressing for Cous-Cous.
I also used 40ppm colloidal silver.
Instead of the whisk thing, I was able to use my stirrer hotplate with my PID mod and maintained the temp at a constant 71c.  THAT was sweet being able to real-time monitor temp AND simultaneously "whisk" it automatically.

65c is the upper limit to melt beeswax.  The reason you do NOT want to exceed 80c is that it will start turning the beeswax dark.

When I finished, I took the pyrex dessert dish I was making it in and gave it a ice-water bath to reduce the temp as fast as possible while still stirring.  MY thought for this ice-water thing is it would be the absolute best way to prevent any ingredient separation.
To my surprise, it did not "set", Nor did it "set" overnight. Added 1.5g beeswax, reheated, bathed.  NOPE. no-go,  It was still way too liquid.  THEN I remembered that big jar of coconut oil the wife had....  Put about 20-25 ml of it in and TA DA!  it set solid FAST. (Remember it was still cold from the fridge).  SO, I then reheated to 71c, rebathed and kept stirring. Left for church.  Came back and PERFECTION! It is exactly the consistency (I) wanted!  In the fridge it is solid, left out around the house it has a consistency closer to a gel than a cream.  I put some in little sample jars I have and you can turn it upside and it won't plop out or run.  The little jars are perfect for handing out samples.  Look here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOSE7VM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NOW the million-dollar question:  Will it work great like Stagno's, good, or meh.   Got a few boo-boos i'm trying it on. stay tuned.

AND STAGNO,  THANKS for sharing your recipe!  ---> My  factory is nearly finished, with two 20500 liter PID vats with dual 3kw heaters, Hydrogenizer, A "rapid-line" product injection line, packing and worldwide distribution all in one convenient location!   I even have a AWESOME name for it:  STAG cream.   Cool huh!
NA, JUST KIDDING BRO!  I couldn't resist.  Your heart is probably racing like a seal in the middle of a shark convention. :o  LOL    Seriously, THANK YOU for what you've shared with us all.  8)
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"

Offline Stagno

• Expert
  • Participant
  • When the answer is simple God is speaking:Einstein
Re: Stagno's Cream.... with a twist
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:46:14 AM »
I like your thinking  ;)  I'm glad you've got results you like. It will totally work as well I'm sure.

I reckon in order for you to get it to set without the extra coconut oil you'd need your stirrer to be able to rev pretty fast,I guess it's a bit like whipping cream,you need a good bit of agitation.  It seems you've managed to get a good consistency anyway,so if it 'aint broke don't fix it.

If you did have a big factory and world wide distribution I'd be well happy with that as anything that would reduce the profits of big pharma,even if only a tiny little bit,is a step in the right direction....and I'd only want 0.5% royalties anyway  ;) lol

Good luck with your boo-boos
"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Marilyn vos Savant

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:26:58 AM »
Got a few boo-boos i'm trying it on. stay tuned.

Well, THAT batch was very effective. Worked like magic on the cuts I had.  ALSO effective on sores my uncle has from Agent Orange exposure.

About to re-tweak the formula again.  This time, I bought some Cetyl and Stearyl Alcohol to mix 50/50 as Cetylstearyl Alcohol - CSA for short.  I don't think I'll need very much of it at all.   I want to reduce the amount Beeswax and add Tea tree oil this time. I want a slightly thicker, higher temp cream.

A quick and dirty I tried was(suspense was killing me):  320ppm colloidal silver, Argan Oil, Lecithin and the CSA.  It setup quite well despite being a bozo mix.  I never intended to actually use it since it is gel-capped and I tossed it.  I was more interested in the properties of the CSA.  It has a waxy feel that I do not care for but as a trace additive I believe it will add some firmness without too much of a waxy feel at higher temps. A small amount goes a LONG WAY.  Weird stuff that. Little "beads" of white.
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
Got a few boo-boos i'm trying it on. stay tuned.

Well, THAT batch was very effective. Worked like magic on the cuts I had.  ALSO effective on sores my uncle has from Agent Orange exposure.

About to re-tweak the formula again.  This time, I bought some Cetyl and Stearyl Alcohol to mix 50/50 as Cetylstearyl Alcohol - CSA for short.  I don't think I'll need very much of it at all.   I want to reduce the amount Beeswax and add Tea tree oil this time. I want a slightly thicker, higher temp cream.

A quick and dirty I tried was(suspense was killing me):  320ppm colloidal silver, Argan Oil, Lecithin and the CSA.  It setup quite well despite being a bozo mix.  I never intended to actually use it since it is gel-capped and I tossed it.  I was more interested in the properties of the CSA.  It has a waxy feel that I do not care for but as a trace additive I believe it will add some firmness without too much of a waxy feel at higher temps. A small amount goes a LONG WAY.  Weird stuff that. Little "beads" of white.

Yes, Cetyl Alcohol and Stearyl Alcohol, and a 50/50-mix of them creates Cetostearyl alcohol aka Cetylstearyl alcohol, are very useful. I bought them both and use them for some skin creams that I make. And very little of them are needed. 0.5%  - 3% depending on the texture you want. They are best suited for creams to be used on dry skin and/or for protectice creams, as they do not penetrate the skin but remains as an layer. And they are commonly used in almost all shampoos and hair balsams.

Offline Stagno

• Expert
  • Participant
  • When the answer is simple God is speaking:Einstein
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:32:27 PM »
I'm glad that worked well for you Wayne,also good to hear it helped your uncle with his agent orange sores.

If you want a thicker cream try using shea butter as your oil part,that will make a rather thick heavy cream. Yes adding tea tree is a great idea,I use it in mine and I believe it works synergistically with the silver.
"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Marilyn vos Savant

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 06:22:07 AM »
If you want a thicker cream try using shea butter as your oil part
I did.   Argan oil is MY preferred - It's also the most expensive. I have about 120 oz of it right now.  NOT a fan of shea butter,I could not get it into emulsion.  Probably due to not using enough Lecithin.  BUT, I'm wanting to limit carrier ingredients.  Which is why I'm going to give CSA a shot.  I'm certain it will not need much.

Beeswax - Y  Antibiotic
Coconut Oil - Y Antibacterial/AntiFungal
    Tea tree   - Y Antibiotic
    Argan Oil - Y RAPID absorption  I'm using it for a carrier but since it absorbs so rapidly I figure it will get the colloidal silver on the wound site quicker.
  40 PPM Colloidal Silver - Y better than 20    Not only that,  I've been evaporatively concentrating it during the mix.  More like 60 PPM  I figure being emulsified, It will not clump into useless sized particles.
             CSA - Y  HOPEFULLY will allow significant thickening at very low added amounts.  DRAWBACK:  ABSOLUTELY WILL give it a waxy feel if you add too much.  I'm going to find the sweet spot. CSA=CetylStearyl Alcohol
          Borax - Y Antifungal

alexp5

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »
Followed the instructions Stagno provided with a few twists:  MY selection of oil was ONE.  Argan Oil. It comes from Morocco.  It absorbs quite quickly into ones skin.  THEY use it over there like salad dressing for Cous-Cous.
I also used 40ppm colloidal silver.
Instead of the whisk thing, I was able to use my stirrer hotplate with my PID mod and maintained the temp at a constant 71c.  THAT was sweet being able to real-time monitor temp AND simultaneously "whisk" it automatically.

65c is the upper limit to melt beeswax.  The reason you do NOT want to exceed 80c is that it will start turning the beeswax dark.

When I finished, I took the pyrex dessert dish I was making it in and gave it a ice-water bath to reduce the temp as fast as possible while still stirring.  MY thought for this ice-water thing is it would be the absolute best way to prevent any ingredient separation.
To my surprise, it did not "set", Nor did it "set" overnight. Added 1.5g beeswax, reheated, bathed.  NOPE. no-go,  It was still way too liquid.  THEN I remembered that big jar of coconut oil the wife had....  Put about 20-25 ml of it in and TA DA!  it set solid FAST. (Remember it was still cold from the fridge).  SO, I then reheated to 71c, rebathed and kept stirring. Left for church.  Came back and PERFECTION! It is exactly the consistency (I) wanted!  In the fridge it is solid, left out around the house it has a consistency closer to a gel than a cream.  I put some in little sample jars I have and you can turn it upside and it won't plop out or run.  The little jars are perfect for handing out samples.  Look here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOSE7VM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NOW the million-dollar question:  Will it work great like Stagno's, good, or meh.   Got a few boo-boos i'm trying it on. stay tuned.

AND STAGNO,  THANKS for sharing your recipe!  ---> My  factory is nearly finished, with two 20500 liter PID vats with dual 3kw heaters, Hydrogenizer, A "rapid-line" product injection line, packing and worldwide distribution all in one convenient location!   I even have a AWESOME name for it:  STAG cream.   Cool huh!
NA, JUST KIDDING BRO!  I couldn't resist.  Your heart is probably racing like a seal in the middle of a shark convention. :o  LOL    Seriously, THANK YOU for what you've shared with us all.  8)

Exactly happened to me as well.
I use at the end like half tea spoon of Xantham gum that did trick very fast and some additional steering was need to make it smooth again ( made mixer from toy boat impeller and stainless steel 2 mm welding rod ) so it got some power to mix it at high rate.
Think they may be issue with that base oil next time will try palm oil or coconut oil they both go back solid stage at regular room temperature and that may be enough to get this cream as cream not like milk after all mixing is done.
Regarding Colloidal Silver what I use it was around 60 ppm just reduce by Peter reducer, non capped and when try before mixing with Borax as test there was no reaction at all and Colloidal Silver stay same color as before. I am also using max PH of water with No2Co3- around 8.5  before start electrolysis, that may be also reason for non turning to red as happen some others members.
If microbes survive this cream treatment it would be little miracle, all ingredience's are antibacterial at diferent levels
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:21:44 AM by alexp5 »

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 12:18:43 AM »

Probably colloidal copper, (which would look like "two bumps on a log"), by adding it

in the cream mixture!?

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead, (sorry for innuendos),  :-[

Nix
"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up"!
Marty Feldman