Author Topic: Looking for guidlines for ingestion dosage of Colloidal Silver  (Read 2369 times)

foghorn

Looking for guidlines for ingestion dosage of Colloidal Silver
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:19:34 PM »
Hi Folks,
   Not sure of the right place to post this. I was looking for information/guidelines regarding a dosage intake of colloidal silver. I typically use 2 types of dosages when ingesting colloidal silver. One is when I am sick or getting sick and that would be a couple of ounces per day for a short period of time. On a daily basis I might take a teaspoon per day. But those dosages where based on a conversation with a naturapath doctor who was familiar with colloidal silver. Also that was based on my use of store bought, most likely ionic silver. 
    I've searched this forum on "dosage" and "daily intake" but couldn't find anything.  I found that the silver safety council has a dosage recommendations based on body weight. I would appreciate others opinions or if someone could point me in the right direction as far as resources or guidelines. 

foghorn

Re: Looking for guidlines for ingestion dosage of Colloidal Silver
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »
Sorry looks like I posted this in the wrong place. Just found the silver and health forum. Not sure how I missed that.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:34 PM »
Did you find what you were looking for?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 01:24:19 AM »
On a daily basis I might take a teaspoon per day. But those dosages where based on a conversation with a naturapath doctor who was familiar with colloidal silver. Also that was based on my use of store bought, most likely ionic silver. 

It is the general consensus that it is a mistake to take small doses every day just like it would be a bad idea to take 1/10 of an antibiotic pill daily--- every day. That's asking for trouble!

As far as therapeutic dose when sick, that has been discussed at length on the forum. Try searching again.

Good thing you were not drinking IS by the quart  ;)
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

foghorn

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:51:23 PM »
I've been searching the health and silver forum and am starting to get a feel for dosage. I saw the body weight formula. Makes sense not to take small amounts per day, which I wasn't really doing any way do to cost of store bought Colloidal Silver/IS. Only just started making my own. I will post specific questions in the proper forum if I can't find the answers. Thanks for being polite about my screw up.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 07:55:28 PM »
Dosage is based on the scientific finding that the silver must reach 2 to 6 ppm to kill bacterial infections.  It takes a lot of 20 ppm silver to reach that in most people.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.