Author Topic: Cream ppm?  (Read 3232 times)

Aquariusbutafly

Cream ppm?
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »
What ppm of Colloidal Silver is used in the recipe for cream in the below article? TIA

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=3322.msg27550#msg27550

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Cream ppm?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 06:50:57 PM »
IS (ionic silver oxide) is limited to a ppm of about 20ppm or slightly more, due to the low solubility of Ionic Silver Oxide. So the answer would be 20ppm. If you try capped Colloidal Silver (but not with gelatine) then you might be able to use a higher ppm, but 20ppm is certainly adequate.

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 11:32:35 PM »
Why not gelatin capped? Concern about it being less effective because of the capping?

What about the silver borate possibility? Is that only an issue internally?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:30:56 PM »
Why not gelatin capped? Concern about it being less effective because of the capping?
Yes. The topical effectiveness of Colloidal Silver when capped with anything apart from glucose, corn syrup or cinnamon is currently unknown. It was previously thought that anything other than Ionic Silver Oxide or glucose/fructose/corn syrup Colloidal Silver would not be effective on bacteria when used topically.

After my experiments and the experiments in Africa, we now know that cinnamon-capped Colloidal Silver is effective, and for all intents and purposes, as effective as the others.

We know that gelatine-capping is highly effective at protecting the Colloidal Silver particles during the stomach transit, much more so than the other forms of capping. Until proven otherwise, I would therefore not use gelatine-capped Colloidal Silver externally, just as I would no longer use Ionic Silver Oxide internally.

We know how to make all variants, and it is therefore sensible to use the most effective version for the job in hand, until we know whether gelatine-capped Colloidal Silver is suitable for external (topical) use.
What about the silver borate possibility? Is that only an issue internally?
Any salt of silver, if adequately soluble, will work externally. Previous entries in the "Materia Medica" from the 1930's indicates that silver salts were in common use topically. [Don't get me on my soap-box about the days when doctors could actually do what they thought would benefit their patients, rather than increase the profits of the pharmaceutical industry]. I would suggest, however, that silver nitrate should not be used because of its' corrosive nature when in high concentration. The silver salts commonly-quoted in the Materia Medica were lactate, citrate and acetate. You could experiment with the borate; if so, let us know how you get on.

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
Yes, the initial theory was that reducing/capping silver would hinder its effectiveness topically. However, it seems that while it is a reasonable theory, in practice it does not hold up entirely well. The experience of your friend in Africa is a case in point.

I have some friends to whom I supplied several jells (ionic silver, 20ppm colloidal silver, & 320ppm colloidal silver) for use on an eczema like skin condition. The friend had used strong prescription (steroid) meds, which sometimes helped for a while, but then it seemed to get worse. She had suffered for years. She seemed to think the 320ppm (maltodextrin reduced, gelatin capped) jell worked the best. It knocked out the skin condition and it has not come back. They subsequently bought a SilverTron :). Their son had the stalk of a plant go through his hand. It got so infected that puss started oozing from his fingernails. They flushed it with 320ppm colloidal silver and continued to apply it topically. The infection quickly cleared up. I've seen how 320ppm Colloidal Silver cleans the plaque from my teeth.

My conclusion is that capped Colloidal Silver does not need digestive juices to break down the capping to be effective, and thus has benefit topically. That begs the question, is ionic silver better for anything??

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:18:57 PM »
That begs the question, is ionic silver better for anything??
Its only good for reducing to real colloidal silver is my opinion.  Some use it for mouthwash, but I think that will eventually stain the teeth as the silver ions enter the pores in the tooth enamel and reduce.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 08:55:05 AM »
Just wanted to say another great discussion guys.  This is what makes this forum so indispensable.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:07:04 PM »
Some use IS for all kinds of things ;), and your point is that it is risky for mouthwash too!

However, I remembered Stagno's notes on this cream that if you use Colloidal Silver & add Borax, it turns red, but if you use IS, it does not turn red. The only way to avoid the color change is to limit the Borax.

I did some testing on adding borax to Maltodextrin reduced 40ppm colloidal silver. Using 25mg sample increments, the max concentration I found I could get to WITHOUT the colloidal silver turning red was: 250mg/50ml. Any thing higher and it turns... every single time.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 01:01:15 PM »
Some use IS for all kinds of things ;), and your point is that it is risky for mouthwash too!
Some eat Tide Pods and snort condoms :o but that doesn't mean its a good thing to do.
https://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1389149
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:03:38 PM by kephra »
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 01:15:36 AM »
Nasty! He might have been better off with the Tide pods...

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »
I have been wondering about using IS in creams and gels, how would that remain stable, the IS wouldn't reduce, oxydize?
My intuition would prefer glucose reduced nano silver...

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 08:48:16 PM »

However, I remembered Stagno's notes on this cream that if you use colloidal silver & add Borax, it turns red, but if you use IS, it does not turn red. The only way to avoid the color change is to limit the Borax.

I did some testing on adding borax to Maltodextrin reduced 40ppm colloidal silver. Using 25mg sample increments, the max concentration I found I could get to WITHOUT the colloidal silver turning red was: 250mg/50ml. Any thing higher and it turns... every single time.

If you used capped silver, you don't have to limit the borax. The cap will prevent the agglomeration caused by the borax.

Art