Author Topic: Prefered Reducers for colloidal silver  (Read 14586 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Prefered Reducers for colloidal silver
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »
Nix, there is no such thing as 'medical grade'.   There are chemical designations like ACS, USP, Reagent grade, etc.

What makes you think that corn syrup and gelatin are contaminated with mycoplasmas?  They are both highly refined, and probably two of the purest foods you can buy.

If you really want to avoid mycotoxins and mycoplasmas; you have to quit eating food, and seal yourself in a plastic bubble.

You are totally worrying about the wrong things.

http://corn.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mycotoxins.pdf
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:39:39 PM by kephra »
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 08:01:41 PM »
Nix, there is no such thing as 'medical grade'.   There are chemical designations like ACS, USP, Reagent grade, etc.

What makes you think that corn syrup and gelatin are contaminated with mycoplasmas?  They are both highly refined, and probably two of the purest foods you can buy.

- "Hook-line-and sinker"! Check.

If you really want to avoid mycotoxins and mycoplasmas; you have to quit eating food, and seal yourself in a plastic bubble.

You are totally worrying about the wrong things.

- Very funny...  I'm in pain, (Now, that's not funny at all), and perhaps I was "harping a little bit strong",  on this one.

http://corn.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mycotoxins.pdf

- Paper work seems OK - to you, and others - thus far, and I'm OK with that. (I was mainly worried of the inconsistencies in the final product.  Second thing was also addressed, (see one of them previous links), the fact of GMO applications in reducing contaminants, and without effect! Mycotoxins and mycoplasmas was deemed to be  a "natural occurrence, therefore, (and according to research papers), it remains unchanged.)

Thank you

P.S. How's the  symptoms with the Deer-Tick-shot, (not to change the subject). (I used to deer-hunt, a lot. Boy, I'm glad I never got one).  :D
"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up"!
Marty Feldman

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 02:25:47 AM »
P.S. How's the  symptoms with the Deer-Tick-shot, (not to change the subject). (I used to deer-hunt, a lot. Boy, I'm glad I never got one).
Its slowly destroying me.  If it weren't for colloidal gold, it would be quickly destroying me.
So far, its really destroyed my knees, shoulder joints, and most importantly my finger joints.  For a hands on guy like me, thats a disaster. 
I have been working on building a flame licker engine from solid metal (no castings), and I can barely hold my lathe chucks.

Flame licker:
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:38 AM »
P.S. How's the  symptoms with the Deer-Tick-shot, (not to change the subject). (I used to deer-hunt, a lot. Boy, I'm glad I never got one).

Its slowly destroying me.  If it weren't for colloidal gold, it would be quickly destroying me.
So far, its really destroyed my knees, shoulder joints, and most importantly my finger joints.  For a hands on guy like me, thats a disaster. 
I have been working on building a flame licker engine from solid metal (no castings), and I can barely hold my lathe chucks.

- Kep, 'm glad to see you taking care of yourself. .. Also, now that I'm of "ripe age", I begin to understand even more, why Maslow said in his writings, (I think was him, time...), that self-achievement runs deep in to  old age!  8)
Marty Feldman

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »
I use pectin that is made from apple skin.

Art

- Anyone, on pectin?

1). How you make your own

2). How much per Litter

3). Used as RA, only, or...!

Thank you, for sharing, ahead!

Modified to insert:

Re: Tests of different Colloidal Silvers dissolved in Simulated Gastric Fluid
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 06:01:37 PM »

Quote from: Kephra on July 15, 2015, 05:36:13 PM

Pectin is a dietary fiber and as such is indigestible.  So the silver particles will just be excreted.

Ok, but according to the study...

"Relationship between Molecular Weights of Pectin and Hypocholesterolemic Effects in Rats"

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1271/bbb.59.2130

Quote: "...For these reasons, it is difficult to add sufficient pectin to food and drink to produce the physiological effects of a dietary fiber..." End quote.

...confirming that at least Pectin does not act as "normal" fiber.

And according to...

"Chemistry of Pectin and Its Pharmaceutical Uses : Review"

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/215872059_Chemistry_of_pectin_and_its_pharmaceutical_uses_A_review

Quote: "...The pectin, by itself or by its gelling properties, was employed in pharmaceutical industry, health promotion and treatment. It has been used potentially as a carrier for drug delivery to the gastrointestinal tract, such as matrix tablets, gel beads, film-coated doses form..." End quote.

So even though it's not useful for colloidal silver to enter the blood stream, it should be useful for releasing silver ions through the gastro-intestinal tract, where other types if colloidal silver will not be able to enter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- P.S. For those of us that got here "late", or could not find it, or did not get there ,yet,

some of the info., on reducers can be found in 2 main - places:

1). https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=1143.msg8849#msg8849

2). https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2596.msg21859#msg21859

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:32:48 PM by nix2p »
Marty Feldman

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »
So even though it's not useful for colloidal silver to enter the blood stream, it should be useful for releasing silver ions through the gastro-intestinal tract, where other types if colloidal silver will not be able to enter.
A)  Why would you want to do that?
B)  How do you know that?
I think you are making assumptions without any basis.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 09:08:20 PM »
A)  Why would you want to do that?
B)  How do you know that?
I think you are making assumptions without any basis.

- All good questions, and will let the experts answer this one.  Perhaps PeterXL, will chime in.

Thank you, both

Marty Feldman

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »
Answer to; (Posted by PeterXXL, in the links below):

continues here:

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2596.msg21874#msg21874

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2596.msg21875#msg21875

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2596.msg21878#msg21878

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2596.msg21887#msg21887

Thank you all for contributing

Nix

P.S. Kep, I'm trying to find the post where you are diluting Knox gelatin; ratio, one

package in 20 PPM Colloidal Silver, or someone that is aware of it, please...

Thank you ahead
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:43:17 AM by nix2p »
Marty Feldman

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2017, 10:02:30 PM »
P.S. Kep, I'm trying to find the post where you are diluting Knox gelatin; ratio, one

package in 20 PPM Colloidal Silver, or someone that is aware of it, please...

- Sorry, I found the link:

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=3366.msg27999#msg27999

Thank you
Marty Feldman

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 12:41:59 AM »
nix2p,

320 Gell Capped Colliodal Silver Using The SilverTron Elite:

1 liter Distilled Water
   1 gram Knox Gelatin (sitting in unstirred DW till warmed to 130*F)
   Then Add;
   1 ml Baked Baking Soda
   8 Drop Pure Karo Undiluted
   Fire Clean Anode & Cathode 2-3 times
   Put on lid while warm & let cool

Bobby

Bobby, Do you have enough gelatine there?
I'm now using 3.2gms for a litre of 320 having followed Kephras 1gm per 250ml so was previously 4 grams!
1 gram for a litre seems fairly light.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 03:39:33 AM »

- Thank you Dean,

Have updated hard drives in my "working horse - PC"; old hard drive, forgot where I placed it!

Kephra in an old post suggested to mix 1 package of Knox gelatin, (out of four in the box), with 7 cups of

20-PPM Colloidal Silver. Old batch since August last year, almost out. That was the reason for "panic".

- Basically, I make 20-PPM Colloidal Silver, and cap it at the end with 2-3 teaspoons of diluted-Knox-gelatin.

Thank you again

Nix
Marty Feldman

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 07:16:20 AM »
Now the question that I try to answer to myself  is how to obtain or turn what I use; RA (Karo syrup),
and capping - Knox gelatin in to "medical grade", where there is no toxigenic  fungi  or Mycotoxins in these ingredients.

Hmm... What about UV-C light?  I use that as part of my disinfection routine for my glassware.

https://www.amazon.com/CFL15-MED-Germicidal-UV-15W-Germicidal/dp/B007XKZKKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486192472&sr=8-1&keywords=CFL15%2FUV%2FMED+120V+15W+E26+Compact+Germicidal+Bulb[/size]]https://www.amazon.com/CFL15-MED-Germicidal-UV-15W-Germicidal/dp/B007XKZKKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486192472&sr=8-1&keywords=CFL15%2FUV%2FMED+120V+15W+E26+Compact+Germicidal+Bulb
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 08:39:33 AM »
Dean,

I tried an experiment with 1 liter each 320ppm back then. The 1st was 1 gram per liter 320ppm. The 2nd was 2 grams per liter of 320ppm. And the 3rd was 3 grams per liter of 320ppm. 

They have sit now for almost 4 months. I will take them out of storage and closely scrutinize each one and report on my findings next week.

I wanted to have samples of .3 that Ricky say works with his salty acid test to the full 4 grams that Kephra used for his findings.  I have a feeling they will all work fine.

All the batches looked great at 320 ppm and when diluted to 20 ppm again they all looked great!  We will see what a 4 month set looks like soon.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »
The problem with using too small of an amount of gelatin is that over time, it all settles to the bottom of the bottle/jar/flask leaving mostly clear water above and most of the silver in the bottom.  An amount of gelatin sufficient to provide a stable matrix of gelatin throughout the solution holds the silver well dispersed and stable for years.

When the gelatin all sinks to the bottom, you have very high strength at the bottom and low strength at the top.  The silver on the bottom becomes so concentrated that the gelatin can no longer stabilize it, and the particles grow and eventually fall out.

So, if you are going to use the silver in a short time, you can use less gelatin.  If you want it to be usable for years, you need more.  This is why I use 4 grams per liter.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »
Thanks Kephra,

I will be very careful when I first check them out. They are in my underground shelter.  I will look for separation before I move them. I will also check the temperature down there.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln