Author Topic: Silver Colloid bitter aftertaste  (Read 2126 times)

xchatter

Silver Colloid bitter aftertaste
« on: November 07, 2017, 06:43:08 AM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if the following is normal. I make my 20 ppm colloidal silver(I will spare for now the details, but I follow the forum recipies) and it looks exactly as it should. When I drink some, in my mouth it has no taste, it is like water, but when I swallow it I sence a bitterish aftertaste on the back of my throut. Is this normal ? I've made 20ppm a few times already and it is always like this.
I've read somewhere(not in this forum) that this indicates stronger Colloidal Silver like >10-15ppm, but I want to ask here, because this is the best forum.

Thanks! :)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Silver Colloid bitter aftertaste
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
I've read somewhere(not in this forum) that this indicates stronger colloidal silver like >10-15ppm,
That is false..  Metallic taste indicates the presence of  ionic silver.  Metallic silver (colloidal) has no taste in any strength, unless you have added something else which has a noticeable taste.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

xchatter

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
Thanks for the response.
I wouldn't say it's a metallic taste. It is somehow strange, because I don't feel any taste when in my mouth, but only some residual aftertaste or something like this on the back of my throat after I swallow it.

This is how I make it:
 1. I produce the 20ppm ionic silver solution with my machine. It is fairly unknown, but this is what we have here(http://savitron.eu/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51). I think it works pretty good;
 2. I put 2 drops of my Corn syrup solution and stirr;
 3. I heat it a bit in my microwave. I am careful to not overheat;

The result is a perfectly colored and clear solution just like from the samples in the forum.

Can it be that something is wrong with my SC ?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »
I doubt there is anything wrong with your Colloidal Silver then.  Just double check your sodium carbonate strength.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

xchatter

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:02 AM »
Thanks ! :)

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 05:47:04 PM »
Sounds like the Sodium Carbonate is too strong. Maybe.