Author Topic: Shelf life of colloidal silver.  (Read 1593 times)

Yahweh#1

Shelf life of colloidal silver.
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:52:19 AM »
Hello. I was wondering what was the shelf life of colloidal silver with reducing agent. (Karo syrup). Also is ionic silver better for wounds and colloidal better for consumption? Thanks!

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Shelf life of colloidal silver.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
IMO, ionic silver should never be used internally.  Long term use can cause argyria, and it has been shown to be toxic to healthy human cells.

Ionic is ok for external use, but colloidal works also.

There is no definite shelf life for colloidal silver.  I have samples that have remained good for years. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Yahweh#1

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 06:53:44 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 07:56:57 AM »
Yahweh#1,                           Using 20 ppm Colloidal Silver w/50% KARO and 50% DW made by the hot method!

Today I just used some 20 ppm colloidal silver.  It looked exactly the same as when I had made it. I had stuck it on a shelf in my garage and had forgotten about.  It was in an enclosed metal cabinet exposed to the changes of temperatures, (25F - 95f).

This was not the best thing to do but I'm thinking more of a what might happen in the future when you might need it.  Wounds, strep throat, cat scratches and eating something not what I wouldn't call fresh cut meat and feeling somewhat nauseous afterward.  So stop it in its tracts!  This will have to be done when the powers to be kill our power structure and whittle down the population to a more manageable level.

And I always have 320 ppm made with 50/50 KARO/DW  and capped with maltodextrin. This has a great number of uses you will find as you read this forum.

Plus don't forget all the medicinal uses you can get from litterly hundreds of over the counter natural herbs and spices such as teas, cinnamons, white willow. Borax, DE, coconut oil, jojoba oil, omega 3 and the list goes on and on.  You need to stalk up and know.

All these things done with care and of course cleanliness and packaged right will last for years.

Good Luck,  Bobby.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 02:11:08 AM »
- Just a thought, I helped my spouse do some fruit caning, and downed on the idea to place some bottles of both; capped and uncapped Colloidal Silver  and warm them up in the oven, to 130 -160 degrees, then tighten the cap to what should be, while the bottles are warm!
- Any thoughts on that! (For long term storage).
Nix
"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up"!
Marty Feldman

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 06:47:33 AM »
nix2p,

I don't know about the rest of the members, but if you use the same techniques on canning the colloidal silver as you do on fruits and whatever else you can, I'd believe you would have it ready to go for years in the future.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
Yes, the absolute best way is pressure canning.  This heats the water to above boiling, 240F.

This is required for the commercial preparation of non-acidic drinks to kill botulism bacteria if the pH is above 4.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.