Author Topic: ph of reaction  (Read 2159 times)

jediJed

ph of reaction
« on: February 13, 2017, 08:14:04 PM »
Kudos to Master Kephra.

The 250 ml/gold chloride/soda ash/Karo recipe works great! Thank you. Every time, forever and ever again.

My distilled water has a pH of 8.1 to begin with. With 6 drop of soda ash the pH goes to 8.8.

Just as triturating the amount of citrate in the Turkevich method affects particle size, pH can too, so I have been titrating my drops of soda ash to obtain a pH closer to 7.0. I understand that the reaction requires alkaline environment, but I am trying to reduce the alkalinity as my feces have a yellowish color associated with faulty fats digestion. The high alkality may be affecting my stomach acid  level , which then affects the response by my gall bladder and pancreas, which is alkaline to neutralize the stomach acid. Without that strong acid signal, my gall bladder and pancreas may not be stimulated to secrete their juices as much.

Basically am reducing number of drops of soda ash to find the lowest pH that allows for the reaction, for my ingredients. If I started with neutral water, 6 drops would probably be okay, but with a pH of 8.1, I don't need as much alkality added.

It's a work in progress.

Am trying some CarboGain, but Karo is easier since it is already a liquid.

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: ph of reaction
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »
Distilled water never has a pH of 8.  It should be closer to 5.5 because of the absorbed carbon dioxide. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

jediJed

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »
Perhaps if you make distilled water at home and allow it to sit open in air, it can absorb CO2 and become acidic.

However, I have tested four national brands of bottled distilled water from Safeway and Walmart. I purchased a new Bluelab pH meter and calibrated it with the enclosed pH solutions. The pH of all purchased distilled water was between 8.1 and 8.3

jediJed

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »
you are correct. It probably is not very pure, but at least the distilled appears to make effective colloidal gold.

It is sold in a plastic jug, but is all that is available. I checked some more brands and they were 7.5, 7.6 and 8.0

Can you recommend a distiller and a carbon filter to remove the volatiles that come off with the water vapor?

Thanks

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »
No, but you might try the Zero Water Filter.  This has a 5 stage filter that takes out just about everything possible. 
https://www.zerowater.com/

I have one of these, and mine works great.  The output water reads 000 to 001 when I test it.  If you take your supposedly distilled water and run it through one of these, it will remove any remaining contaminants, and since the water is pretty pure to begin with, the filter cartridges should last a long time.

I would bet that in any region of the country, all the distilled water comes from the same source and is just bottled with different lables.  You know Walmart and Safeway do not make their own distilled water.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

jediJed

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:57:29 PM »
Bottled water usually comes from some municipal tap in a large city so it starts out contaminated. At least I can make colloidal gold out of it.

I was planning on distilling my own water. Now I can run it through this filter and polish it. Thanks.

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 05:14:57 AM »
No, but you might try the Zero Water Filter.  This has a 5 stage filter that takes out just about everything possible. 
https://www.zerowater.com/

I have one of these, and mine works great...

I JUST bought one as well.  Great Idea Kep!
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"