Author Topic: Ready to Buy SilverTron Elite V3 Help appreciated  (Read 8465 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Ready to Buy SilverTron Elite V3 Help appreciated
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2018, 08:44:35 PM »
Cher, The holes are drilled for 12 gauge wire.  (2mm)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2018, 11:11:25 PM »
Thanks Art, I did have a question about the copper wire you mentioned. Do you know what gage will work for the lid for the generator?

Yes, 14 gauge wire is fine.
Art

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2018, 01:18:16 AM »
Thank you so much! I just got home from a week away visiting family and my generator is here! I'm so excited! Will have to re-read the beginning steps to make sure I am doing everything right before I start. I can't wait to get started!

I am going to go out right now and grab some copper wire. A plain over-the-counter copper wire spool should be good to just unroll and use right? Or are some of them coated and need treated?
The only thing you can control in life is your reaction.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 01:59:07 AM »
Why don't you want to use the silver one supplied with your kit?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
Cher,

I would definitely think about just using the supplied 12 gauge silver wire. At least until you are comfortable with everything and you’ve got a few good batches under your belt.

You have zero risk of accidentally connecting up your cathode and anode wires the wrong. Way way round.
You have a super pure cell with only silver in the water.

By all means experiment. That’s what it’s all about but just as a start point.....
It may be less to think about.

Just an idea

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »
OH! I thought I needed to get copper wire, I didn't realize I could use one of the silver wires lol I haven't completely opened my package up to see what is in the yellow envelope. My husband is leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks for work, so I will be able to focus on it once he's gone, starting with reading all the files again from the beginning :)
The only thing you can control in life is your reaction.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 12:02:48 AM »
I didn't mean to confuse you, Cher, that is just what I use, a #14 piece of copper wire because I had it laying around and it would only have cost pennies had I actually bought. Actually you can use other metals also, not just silver and copper.

Art

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 09:24:44 PM »
Cher,
The copper wire is a lot cheaper than the silver wire. That is the reason everyone uses a copper wire. The silver wire is good in the beginning to avoid the problems of a possible polarity mix up (I did this once) when you hook it all up. If you are using a copper wire and happen to accidentally reverse the polarity, then you would be putting copper into the water instead of silver. Something you don't want.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."