Author Topic: Colloidal Silver Calculator  (Read 5081 times)

HairyCat

Colloidal Silver Calculator
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »
Hi to all!

I would like to ask about Colloidal Silver calculator. There was such a great calculator on this site: http://www.ncuentra.com/Colloidal Silver/cs_calculator.php#
but it stopped working.
Is there any other equally good?

Cheers!

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Colloidal Silver Calculator
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but you could try this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ds6od7twm2kyo81/AACKSKMkGJGmzAeCIxCP6LCva?dl=0

HairyCat

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
Thanks FromTheDen.
the calculator I mean was much simpler.
There was only one page and a few fields to fill:
The set concentration,
The set current,
The length of the process,
How many mg of silver will separate.
How much do you need cinnamon extract.

Does anyone remember this calculator?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
I searched the forum and couldn't find any other calculators.
There was another, but the website which hosted it no longer exists.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:23 PM »
Not 100% finished and this is only an excel version.

Have no idea how it will display or operate for others as have not got as far as testing
(or locking down) so if you break it, just just download it again.  ;D

Check the fields before you overtype just to make sure they are not calculated fields and you
should be ok.

This was created in office excel 2010.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x28fi5s1dufgw52/Calculator.xlsx?dl=0

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »
Nicely done, Dean!

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 09:32:23 PM »
Thank you.

It's not as technical as Wayne's but it does give a broadly uniform way / quick reference for consistent
production.

I also have a batch recorder on sheet 2 but didn't actually finish it. and the format and options is not complete.
Needs a lot more work.

Sheet 1 is OK though.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 03:48:49 AM »
Nice!

There are some things you've done however, that make it useless for me and perhaps others.  Just so its said, this is meant to be constructive so please don't take it the wrong way.

If  you're using a quart mason jar like I do, half way up the neck is almost exactly 900ml which is as far as you can go. There is no 900ml water amount in your list.  If you're using a pint mason jar, the working number would be about 450ml.  They're a pint or quart right to the top of the rim which makes them not useful for holding a full pint or a full quart!!!  Telling the truth to lie!  SOP for US marketing dweebs.

Your PPM list excludes PPM's I routinely make (like 120PPM as an example, sometimes 50PPM, sometimes 60PPM,...).

Also, unless someone has a really high quality current limiter and adjusts things perfectly (EVERYTHING has a tolerance - figure at least +/-3%, maybe more with home built limiters most times non-adjustable) nobody is running a perfectly even integer current which for the rounding introduces even more error.

I have a simple suggestion. How about nixing the dropdown lists and simply let people punch in numbers?  The math is the same, right?

It takes about as much time to pop up the list and find the value you want (or find its not in there and you're stuck and grabbing for the calculator - wink) as it does to simply punch in a 2 or 3 digit number.

You sure your calculation for gelatine is correct?  1000ml, 100PPM is 1.25g? Wayne's calculator reports 0.3569g which I'm sure is the correct amount.

Oh yeah I'd use it if it accommodates my needs.  I use Karo and always will.  There is no other calculator that does the calculations for it I know of.

Glucose is supposedly better (reduces at a lower temp) but my results have been "confused", sometimes for doing everything identically, I get clouding on reduction (no clue why - makes no sense).  This has never happened to me with karo nor with maltodextrin. I don't care for malto as much because it makes darker colored Colloidal Silver where I'm used to knowing what color I should get with karo for the PPM's I normally make and that confuses me. I think I understand why but I'll stick with karo.

Keep working on it. Its going to be a simple one but a goodie.  I just want to make good quality Colloidal Silver and though I have a calculator, using it requires a bit more thinking (wink).

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 07:12:11 PM »
Dean, one of the things I appreciate about your calculator is the section on dosage. I passed it on to some friends who were unfamiliar with the concept. That being said, though I work with liters & grams when making colloidal silver, for height & weight I'm still stuck on inches & pounds. On my copy of your calculator, I renamed the 3rd tab Conversions, and added conversions for height & weight to put on the first worksheet. I also think of drinking volumes (glasses) in terms of quarts/ounces, so I added a conversion for that. It would be a nice default plus ;).

Also, on the first worksheet changing the gender affects the BV, but not the dosage. That might need some tweaking.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 09:36:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, it's all a kind of work in progress so I do appreciate the feedback.
I can't remember the reason that had a drop down list for volume.

I don't often create these using only formulas. I usually have loads of VBA but I know a lot of people don't like running
spreadsheets with macros. So in absolute truth, it was a bit of an experiment.

Hence the "if you break it just download it again" comment  :o :o :o :o :o

In double truth, you can see the nonsense that goes through my head with the "message bar" and changing the current through
the drop down list options (if you haven't done it yet, have a go).

I could have used swear words but I thought I better be grown up about it!

perhaps it can be a community project. From the den, do you have your revised version so I can take a look and see if I can implement anything?

The BV part has literally only just got added and I do know that some of the calcs and dependancies are off at the moment. Again, trying to give this the brain space it needs at the moment is a little tricky, I think it may have to be my Christmas Break project again! (after the ST3 manual of course - Boss  ;D)

I haven't looked at this in a while and only popped it up to help with the thread.
Wayne's calculator is way more polished but I do appreciate that some may also appreciate an excel version and that was the reason for having a go.
I will keep working on it (because it's fun and I'm an idiot!) but please bear with me while I get a few other bits out the way first.

Keep posting thoughts too and I will try to accommodate if possible.
Right now I can't even open it because I'm on the mac with not office installed! Oh the Joys!

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 12:20:41 AM »
Nice!

Thank you  :)

There are some things you've done however, that make it useless for me and perhaps others.  Just so its said, this is meant to be constructive so please don't take it the wrong way.

I won't

If  you're using a quart mason jar like I do, half way up the neck is almost exactly 900ml which is as far as you can go. There is no 900ml water amount in your list.  If you're using a pint mason jar, the working number would be about 450ml.  They're a pint or quart right to the top of the rim which makes them not useful for holding a full pint or a full quart!!!  Telling the truth to lie!  SOP for US marketing dweebs.

Your PPM list excludes PPM's I routinely make (like 120PPM as an example, sometimes 50PPM, sometimes 60PPM,...).

Also, unless someone has a really high quality current limiter and adjusts things perfectly (EVERYTHING has a tolerance - figure at least +/-3%, maybe more with home built limiters most times non-adjustable) nobody is running a perfectly even integer current which for the rounding introduces even more error.

I have a simple suggestion. How about nixing the dropdown lists and simply let people punch in numbers?  The math is the same, right?

It takes about as much time to pop up the list and find the value you want (or find its not in there and you're stuck and grabbing for the calculator - wink) as it does to simply punch in a 2 or 3 digit number.

Done!  ;D

You sure your calculation for gelatine is correct?  1000ml, 100PPM is 1.25g? Wayne's calculator reports 0.3569g which I'm sure is the correct amount.

As with all things, this appears to be a subjective issue with some users actively seeking to use the bare minimum.
My calcs were taken from posts where Kephra had indicated a "rule of thumb" to ensure enough was always present.
Re-visiting this one https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2709.msg22525#msg22525  ..... seems to take that  approach with 2 values a minimum and maximum. I think I just went with the maximum. I consistently use 4g for 1 litre of 320 and get good results with the final product not too dark (through an excessive percentage of coverage).

If you tell me the ratio you are happy with, I can adjust a copy of the calculator for you. or I will just a stand alone cell where you can enter your preferred value per litre. I don't mind either way.

Oh yeah I'd use it if it accommodates my needs.  I use Karo and always will.  There is no other calculator that does the calculations for it I know of.

Does your "There is no other calculator........" comment refer to this / my calculator so you'd use it if I can fix the other things?
If so, thank you very much. I'm really chuffed that a bit of amusement on my part has been able to benefit someone else.

I do like messing about things like this. I've made a massive "excel application" for my business which is where I learned most of what I know. Things like this are pretty cool though

Glucose is supposedly better (reduces at a lower temp) but my results have been "confused", sometimes for doing everything identically, I get clouding on reduction (no clue why - makes no sense).  This has never happened to me with karo nor with maltodextrin. I don't care for malto as much because it makes darker colored colloidal silver where I'm used to knowing what color I should get with karo for the PPM's I normally make and that confuses me. I think I understand why but I'll stick with karo.

Keep working on it. Its going to be a simple one but a goodie.  I just want to make good quality colloidal silver and though I have a calculator, using it requires a bit more thinking (wink).

I will. and thanks again for the feedback.
I've sorted the first couple of points already. The blood thing and the gel volume is open to discussion but I'll happily amend if there is a consensus that the value I have in there is too high. The only reason I've made it the top end is so that no user should ever accidentally use too little. I know it can be reduced, but I'd say making sure the value is always enough is more important to most.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:07 AM »
Dean, one of the things I appreciate about your calculator is the section on dosage. I passed it on to some friends who were unfamiliar with the concept. That being said, though I work with liters & grams when making colloidal silver, for height & weight I'm still stuck on inches & pounds. On my copy of your calculator, I renamed the 3rd tab Conversions, and added conversions for height & weight to put on the first worksheet. I also think of drinking volumes (glasses) in terms of quarts/ounces, so I added a conversion for that. It would be a nice default plus ;).

Awesome!  ;D

Also, on the first worksheet changing the gender affects the BV, but not the dosage. That might need some tweaking.

That's because BV is the product of Height x weight (differentiated by gender) so changing gender uses a different calculation.
These are visible in cells A20 and A21 (and by the long explanation on sheet 1).  ;)

There is no connection on the sheet between dose and BV so dose value does not change. That will require additional calcs not based on body weight but by Blood volume instead. Have not got as far as working that out. If anyone wants to do the final math that takes BV into account then I'll add/correct it. Brain is officially dead at the moment!

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 02:44:26 AM »
Version 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsiy1cx226gm7tf/Calculator.xlsx?dl=0

Production calculator

1. Removed drop-down lists for Water Volume, Strength & Current

Any value can be entered now for water volume and ppm and current (up to 30mA)

Ag Dose Calculator

2. Added Metric / Imperial selection for height & weight cells. (labels change per selection)
3. Added warning message if value these fields reflect improper data entry values.

In other words, if you enter height in metres and weight in KG, then change the format to Imperial
the value wall be outside of any usual value for Blood volume. Same goes for the other way round (Imperial to metric.)
As long as the BV range is within a "possible" amount then it will not warn. If it falls below 3 or is more than 20 it will warn.
You just need to check your values for your preferred format.

Have hidden other sheets.

PW for for book is 1234 (just in case you want to tweak it or edit it to your own liking.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
  Great job Dean!  Simple and easy!  Gotta love it!

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

HairyCat

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 05:50:39 AM »
Thank you Dean! This is what I meant. Cool digital abacus  ;D ;D