Production Techniques and Chemistry > SilverTron Notes And Support Questions

320ppm batch to make ...first time

(1/5) > >>

Thelegend:
Hello I'm looking to try and eventually make 320ppm
So I don't have to take 4 cups of water of 20ppm a day

I was thinking to start with 100ml of water and I have a Silverton...ive got dextrose and used that and washing soda for the electrolyte...but from what I read and understand is I will need to book at the same time and have a stirrrert at the same time as I run the Silverton ....

Here is what I am thinking...

Get a hotplate with a stirrer (magnetic?)
...mason jar on the hotplate mix with distilled water and electrolyte.
Boil ...turn on silvertron .keep a boil as low temp as possible...once timer complete...add cinnimon extract (kosher so can't do gelatin) to stabilize.

Let sit to cool

that sound about right or if anyone has a pic of their setup with the silvertron
..I've got v1 ...would be awesome

Thelegend:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/club-house-pure-cinnamon-extract-43-ml/6000188767107

Cinnimon extract I'm looking to use.

kephra:
Gelatin is much better.  If you really want to use cinnamon, you would be better off to make your own extract.

For gelatin:
Start with 250ml cold distilled water.
Add 2 grams Knox unflavored gelatin, let sit for 5 minutes.
Heat with stirring to a simmer.... boiling not necessary.
Add 5 drops electrolyte.
Add minimum 5 drops Karo corn syrup.
Start electrolysis.

Note that mason jars are not heat proof, and there is a risk of the jar breaking on a hot plate.

Thelegend:
Thanks this will help ...thought it had to reach a consistent boil for some reason...thanks for the info...

I can't do gelatin due to the pork and it not being kosher...unless I could find some pectin as a sub and see how that works ?

Thelegend:
O or I can try and find pure beef gelatin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version